Decision Maker: Director (Resources and Property)
Decision status: Implemented
Is Key decision?: No
Is subject to call in?: No
In accordance with the attached Officer Decisions Record, the Director (Resources and Property) has made a decision on the implementation of the Energy Bills Support Scheme – Alternative Fund, following the allocation of funding from Government.
The Director (Resources and Property) has made the decision to use the following approach to allocate the Energy Bills Support Scheme – Alternative Funding payments to households:
1. To replicate the Government eligibility criteria for the scheme, as set out in the Government guidance [not published at this point].
2. For the scheme to be administered by Anglia Revenues Partnership.
· Councils are required to implement the Government’s prescribed arrangements for distributing the Energy Bills Support Scheme – Alternative Funding from Government.
· The funding is critical to supporting householders who are impacted by rising energy prices and who are not eligible for the main Energy Bills Support Scheme – Alternative Funding support.
· This decision was within the delegation given to the Director for Resources and Property.
No other options were considered as local authorities are required by Government to administer the scheme.
Publication date: 20/01/2023
Date of decision: 19/01/2023