West Suffolk Council Constitution
Subscribe to updates
West Suffolk Councillors
Your Suffolk County Councillors
Register of interests
This register of interests was published on Friday 9 April 2021, 2.18 pm.
More information about me
Printer friendly view
I, Geoffrey Baber, a Parish Councillor, set out below under the appropriate headings my interests, which I am required to declare under the Localism Act 2011 and the Council's Code of Conduct. I have put "none" where I have no such interests under any heading.
1. Any employment, office, trade, profession or vocation carried on for profit or gain.
Chairman: HPB Management Ltd, HPB House, Old Station Road, Newmarket, Suffolk CB8 8EH
2. Any payment or provision of any other financial benefit (other than from the Council) made or provided within the last 12 months in respect of expenses you have incurred in carrying out your duties as a member, or towards your election expenses. This includes any payment or financial benefit from a trade union within the meaning of the Trade Union and Labour Relations (Consolidation) Act 1992 other than from a registered political party.
3. Any beneficial interest in securities of a body where: (1) that body (to your knowledge) has a place of business or land in the area of the Council; and (2) either- (a) the total nominal value of the securities exceeds £25,000 or one hundredth of the total issued share capital of that body; or (b) if the share capital of that body is of more than one class, the total nominal value of the shares of any one class in which the relevant person has a beneficial interest exceeds one hundredth of the total issue share capital of that class.
Chairman and shareholder of Rapidbury Ranta Ltd, which owns 61 acres of agricultural land within the parish.
None, other than in our home.
4. A contract for goods, services or works made between the relevant party and the Council (or a body in which a relevant person has a beneficial interest) under which goods or services are to be provided or works are to be executed, and which has not been fully discharged.
5. A beneficial interest in any land in the Council's area.
Other than the above or in our home at Cutting Green, Brockley
None, other than in our home
6. Any tenancy where to your knowledge the landlord is the Council and the tenant is a body in which a relevant person has a beneficial interest.
7. Any licence (alone or jointly with others) to occupy land in the area of the Council for a month or longer,
8. Declared under Suffolk Code of Conduct 2012: Any body of which you are a member or in a position of general management and control either:- (a) to which you have been appointed or nominated by the Council, (b) exercising functions of a public nature, (c) directed towards charitable purposes, or (d) one of whose principal purposes includes the influence of public opinion or policy (including any political party or trade union).
I am Chairman of the trustees of Brockley Charities; a trustee of Brockley Village Hall; and a churchwarden and the treasurer of St Andrew's Church, Brockley
9. The name of any person from whom you have received a gift or hospitality with an estimated value of at least £25 (or £50 if declared under Suffolk Code of Conduct 2022).
Name of donor:
None in Brockley