The Local Plan Development and Delivery portfolio responsibilities include:
· To support the Leader in the development and adoption of the West Suffolk Local Plan.
· To act as the lead member with responsibility for the process of developing, adopting and implementing the West Suffolk Local Plan. In doing so, to ensure opportunities for the full engagement of all Members, the Council’s partners, stakeholders, infrastructure providers and communities in the development of the Plan.
· To support and work with Cabinet to collectively ensure that the West Suffolk Local Plan effectively reflects and acts to deliver wider corporate objectives.
· To chair and lead the West Suffolk Local Plan Working Group and Member Workshops.
· To advise the Leader on communications with regard to the development and adoption of the West Suffolk Local Plan.
· To represent the Council on key cross boundary groups and liaison which relate to the preparation and delivery of the Local Plan.
· To lead the Council’s response to consultations as they relate to the West Suffolk Local Plan (ie Local Transport Plans, neighbouring Local Plans, Neighbourhood Plans etc).
· To act as the lead member with responsibility to monitor and manage the suite of existing Local Plans throughout the West Suffolk District.
· To work with the Portfolio Holder for Housing to ensure housing delivery rates and standards are maintained.